This 4-week program is beneficial for dog handlers/owners wanting more than just fundamentals of sit, stay, down, and recall for their dog. So many dogs understand obedience, but when faced with distractions holding the behavior or maintaining a calm state of mind is a challenge. The primary focus during this program is to condition your dog to work and enjoy working within distractions, operating from a distance from handler/owner, and duration.
What we will work on:
- Leadership and teaching your dog the proper pack structure
- Crate training and conditioning
- Thresholds & boundaries
- Place & stay
- Leave it & out commands
- Walk properly on leash
- Correcting misbehaviors – jumping on people and nipping
- Leash reactivity and lunging at dogs, people, cars,
- Building confidence with your dog
- Recall with distractions and without
- Distraction training
- The board and train program will include six hours of private one-on-one training. The first two sessions will be 90 minutes each and the remaining three hours will be 60 minutes. Trainer and owner will schedule the last three sessions at their discretion.
- 4 weeks – Call for Pricing
- Policy – Once your dog is accepted into the board and train program an invoice will be provided to you. Full payment is needed prior to securing your dog’s reservation and to start training.
- Note – The cost for the 4-week board and train does not include the cost of the e-collar. If you need to purchase an e-collar, we are happy to provide you with an E-collar Technologies remote collar. Pending on the type of collar you need, costs range from $200-$350 for the unit.