This program starts with a training consultation – this is beneficial whether joining in as a family or individual prior to committing to a training program for you and your dog. Then it moves onto private lessons, teaching handlers and owners the sit, stay, down recall (come) command is only a small part of what it means to live with your dog.
STEP ONE: Training Consult (1 Hour)
This 60-minute session will allow dog owners to:
- Ask Jonathan questions and to provide feedback
- Discuss experiences and behavioral issues
- Define training goals and expectations
- What methods of training will be used
- Define pack structure in the household
Dog training is NOT sit, stay, down, recall (come) commands and so on. Dog training is focused on teaching handlers and owners how to live with their dogs in a balanced manner while making positive changes in your lifestyle to better your human-dog relationship.
Call for Pricing
STEP TWO: Private Lessons (5- 1 hour Sessions)
Once we determine that we will move forward with private lessons, then we will schedule five one-hour weekly sessions. You and your dog during these 5 sessions will learn the important skills of:
- Household management
- Public management
- Proper equipment usage
- Why training foundations and theories are important
- Behavioral modification
- Obedience training
- Each session is 45 – 60 minutes
- Equipment requirements – Flat collar, leash, treat pouch, toy, or treats
- Lastly, dog training is focused primarily on equipping the handler/owner. The hands-on mechanics, foundational steps, and theories will be demonstrated and explained to you and the expectation is that you do the assignments during the subsequent days. Handlers/owners can have the best obedience training but lack leadership skills which will cause a break down in the human and dog relationship.
Call for Pricing